This initiative will present the science of the endocannabinoid system, risks, efficacy, and how to approach cannabinoids as an option in patient care, as well as have educated discussions with patients about the known impacts of cannabis use on health and disease. After participating in this event, attendees will:
- Build on their existing understanding of cannabinoids in clinical practice by integrating all the latest updates on the endocannabinoid system, medical and non-medical cannabinoids, and public health and policy issues related to cannabis/cannabinoids.
- Describe Canadian cannabinoid research initiatives
- Distinguish between actual and potential health risks and benefits of cannabinoids.
- Reflect on professional attitudes towards cannabis in clinical practice.
- Discuss areas of need for cannabinoid research, education and collaboration.